In large organizations, the majority of revenue is often generated from a small number of clients. ORC International’s 80/20 key account research works on this premise to deliver valuable insight that helps organizations maintain these vital business relationships.
What is 80/20?
80/20 puts a rough estimate on the amount of business that comes from your key clients, suggesting that the split is 80% of business from 20% of clients.
Why it matters
Organizations treat these key clients differently to the other 80% in their day-to-day operations. By carrying this over into research as well as operations, the high-level information gathered can be used to drive the focus of the business as a whole.
Real value is gained by treating these clients like they are important. 80/20 research demonstrates commitment. By speaking to clients through this medium, the long-term relationship is enhanced.
What it can do for you
- Identify your main customer service strengths
- Apply them across the organization so all customers can benefit from the insights
- Quickly address issues as soon as they are raised on an account by account basis
- Determine specific account needs and feed them into annual account planning and management accounts. Use them to broaden your business reach
How it works
Experienced and skilled consultants carry out in-depth interviews with each of your key customers. The interviews explore their levels of satisfactions in specific areas including:
- Account management
- Service delivery
- Commercial offerings
- Products / services
- Senior management / escalation routes
- Ongoing service management
Detailed reports on the depth interviews are provided to clients straight after an interview has taken place. This allows organizations to be reactive about correcting and addressing any immediate areas of concern before the overall analysis is given.
After the full program of depth interviews have been conducted, ORC International will present a detailed analysis of all the key results and trends. This can be effectively presented using the dynamic portal reporting tool.